Coil32 - freeware coil inductance calculator
"Coil32" is a free coil inductor calculator, that allows to calculate: singlelayer and multilayer air core inductors, toroidal air core coil inductance, inductors on ferrite rings, in pot core, flat coils on the PCB, and also LC tank parameters. The program has additional plugins to calculate another manner of coils. There are versions for 32-bit Windows, Linux & Android platforms.
Program is multilingual
Now available languages:
You can add native language yourself.
The soft is free for usage and distributing.
I hope, that this small application will help for radio-hobbiests to calculate various inductors.
This software allows to calculate the following species of inductors:
In all variants, that are below, it's possible to calculate number of turns if inductance is known or inductance if number of turns is known
- RF air core inductor as single turn loop
- Single layer close-winding air core solenoid
- Single layer RF solenoid with winding pitch
- Single layer RF solenoid with pitch, but noncircular windings
- Multilayer air core inductor
- Toroidal air core one-layer coil inductance
- Coil or choke on a ferrite ring
- Coil or choke in the pot core (ferrite or powder iron)
- The planar PCB coil
- The software have additional modules that allow to calculate:
- flat PCB coil with meandr form of turns;
- multilayer PCB inductors;
- inductor as a rectangular one turn loop;
- estimate influence of the shield on the value of coil inductance;
- multi-winding round loop with round cross-section;
- multi-layer inductor with rectangular former
- ferrite rod core inductor;
- finding unknown permeability of a ferrite ring;
In what of advantage of this software before analogues?
- The program calculates inductance of different species of inductor design. It is possible to select an optimal variant, to use available coil-former or recalculate inductor to another dimensions.
- Coil32 allows to estimate Q-factor of RF single layer air core inductor.
- It's possible to estimate length of wire what needed to wind onelayer, multilayer coil and the coil on a ferrite ring.
- Results of all calculations are deduced in a common text box, from where they can be saved in a file or print out.
- For flat coil inductors on the PCB the program prompts the optimal sizes fo highest Q-factor.
- It's possible to use metric or inches as units of measurements.
- AWG or metric wire gauge support.
- It is possible to develop additional plugins for the program to calculate different kind of coils and chokes.
- The program is freeware.
- Multilingual interface support.
- The soft is multiplatform. There are versions for Windows, Linux & Android.